Welcome to my photo blog!

This site has been created to share the wonders of the world as I see them through the lens. Images included will be both new and from my stock images of past travels providing a look at landscapes, wildlife, street photography, portraits, flora, and food around the world.

Your feedback and comments are always appreciated.
Enjoy :)


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 2012

On Guard...
Horse Guards Parade always presents photo ops -- both the guards and 
the people visiting.   This image offers a different perspective on the mounted guard 
than my more common shot from the front.  I liked the lines, arch, and 
silhouetted mounted guard with the standing statue in the background -- a composition 
I hadn't considered when visiting on numerous occasions in the past.  
(Canon DSLR and 85mm F1.8)

2 comments:

  1. That is an interesting viewpoint ... I think 99.9% of the time I would shoot that vertically and yet this is pleasing to the eye and I like how the statue and the guard are off set, you got good lines and shadow . Good shot CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this viewpoint. It gives the impression of moving through the gates and arch with the guards themselves.

    ReplyDelete